2006 NTL FINALS SET FOR TV

first_imgTouch Football Australia has undertaken for the 2006 NTL Opens finals to be televised on Fox TV Sports Channel.TFA will advise of the dates and times when confirmed by Fox TV. In addition, all 3 Opens finals will be recorded and produced on DVD for sale.TFA are interested in which final the Touch community would like to see in full (rather than a highlights package). Simply go to the poll on the front page and place your vote.last_img

10 months agoBayern Munich face German competition for Chelsea winger Hudson-Odoi

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Bayern Munich face German competition for Chelsea winger Hudson-Odoiby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveBayern Munich face competition for Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi.Kicker says a third German club have joined the chase for Chelsea forward Hudson-Odoi.RB Leipzig are next in line to try and take the 18-year-old off Chelsea’s hands.Bayern Munich are said to have already had a £20m big turned down.Leipzig are now keen but must also battle Bundesliga leaders Borussia Dortmund for the young England prospect. last_img read more

24 days agoMan Utd boss Solskjaer: We deserved penalty

first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Man Utd boss Solskjaer: We deserved penaltyby Paul Vegas24 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveOle Gunnar Solskjaer believes Manchester United were denied a penalty in Monday’s 1-1 draw with Arsenal.Sead Kolasinac appeared to handle the ball inside the box just prior to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s equaliser for the visitors.However, the referee decided against using VAR and Solskjaer thinks he was wrong.”I thought so. You’d rather blow the whistle and check it after if you’re not sure,” Solskjaer told Sky Sports post-game. “I was, and quite a few Man United fans were sure, that was a penalty.”Then again, sometimes you get them, sometimes you don’t. We’ve got our share of those against us some we’ll get some at the end.” last_img read more

Report: Fred Hoiberg “Couldn’t Fully Commit” To Iowa State Return During Recruitment Of 5-Star Cheick Diallo

first_imgFred Hoiberg dances in new Infiniti comemrcial.YouTube YouTubeYouTubeToday, the Chicago Bulls ended months of speculation with the firing of head coach Tom Thibodeau. While a number of names have been connected to the opening, one of the most popular is Iowa State head coach Fred Hoiberg. Earlier this month, ISU athletic director Jamie Pollard admitted that Hoiberg has NBA aspirations, and reports emerged that the Bulls job is his “if he wants it.” According to the Ames Tribune, during his recruitment of five-star Kansas signee Chieck Diallo, the nation’s top power forward, Hoiberg could not commit to a return to the Cyclones for this upcoming season. In early April, Hoiberg let it be known to five-star recruit Cheick Diallo that his immediate future at ISU was not a certainty, multiple sources with knowledge of the situation told the Ames Tribune.While Hoiberg did not definitively say he planned to move on to the NBA, sources said, he also communicated that he couldn’t fully commit he would be returning to ISU to coach Diallo and what figures to be a preseason top-10 Cyclones team in 2015-16.Losing Hoiberg would be a tough pill to swallow for Cyclone fans, but credit him for not lying to a recruit. There may not be that many coaches who would take that approach, with a top prospect on the line, and no guarantee that he has a new job lined up.[Ames Tribune]last_img read more

SSE Grills COSCO Shipping over OOIL Deal

first_imgzoom COSCO Shipping Holdings has received a letter of inquiry from the Shanghai Stock Exchange asking clarity on the company’s “significant assets reorganization” and asset acquisition, mainly the purchase of Hong Kong-based rival Orient Overseas International Limited (OOIL).The offer, made to all shareholders of the world’s seventh largest container shipping line earlier this month would total in USD 6.3 billion.On completion, assuming all OOIL shareholders tender their shares, COSCO would hold 90.1%, while SIPG would hold 9.9% of OOIL.According to COSCO, the transaction still needs to be approved by the EU and US antitrust bodies.The Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE) wants to know whether there is a possibility that the deal might not pass the anti-monopoly review, and what would be the impact and risk should that be the case.Additional information has been requested on the financing arrangements, especially with regard to those with overseas creditors, along with the very valuation process of the deal, and manner of achieving synergies between the two companies following the merger.Furthermore, the stock exchange is seeking information on how COSCO plans to keep OOIL listed on Hong Kong’s stock exchange with less than 25% public ownership planned to be retained. As informed, the stake proportion does not meet the Hong Kong stock exchange’s listing criteria.COSCO has been given until July 25 to provide relevant documentation on the issues at stake.World Maritime News Stafflast_img read more

Hydro working to restore power to the Old Fort and PRRD planning

first_imgThe PRRD is also working to organize meetings for the community in the mid-afternoon and another for in Fort St. John and will release information about those meetings as soon as possible.The Regional District is also looking at the idea of creating a water taxi service or shuttle service to help those that sill need to access the Old Fort.If you have any questions or need any assistance you’re asked to call the PRRD at 250-784-3200. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Peace River Regional District continues work to help residents of the Old Fort.Power was shut off to most of the homes in the area Monday morning and Hydro will start working on a solution to try and restore power on Tuesday.  If they are successful, Hydro hopes to have power restored by early Tuesday evening.If you live in the Old Fort and are using a generator, you’re asked to shut off the main breaker in your home by 9 a.m. Tuesday.last_img read more

Spring Weather Forecast

first_img“As we head into the 10th of March we expect the pattern to break down and we are going to see a milder pattern we conclude the end of March,” said Gilham “It won’t be clear sailing all the way to summer yet overall, as we get the back and forth of spring yet the temperatures will tip to the milder side of normal.”Gilham goes on to share Spring is a tumultuous season and we are in an area known for wild swings in weather. “It will be noticeable when there is the change and precipitation that shows is not to be excessively wet or dry,” said GilhamIn the summer sneak peek Gilham is forecasting a warmer than normal temperatures although warm summers can come with some negatives such as fire season and agricultural interests. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – As we end the month of February we look towards March and learn what weather this month will bring.Speaking with Doug Gilham, Meteorologist at the Weather Network he shares with me “Some relief is on the way.”As February has been exceptionally cold with temperatures averaging 10 degrees colder than seasonal and normal, these temps will continue through the first week of March.last_img read more

SC in disbelief over functioning of foreigners tribunal in Assam

first_imgNew Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday pulled up the Assam government over inadequacies in the functioning of foreigners tribunals in the state and sought details on it by March 27. The government told a bench, headed by Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi, that 50,000 migrants were declared foreigners by the tribunal in the past 10 years. Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, appearing for the Assam government, said around 900 people were kept in six detention centres of the state. Also Read – Squadrons which participated in Balakot air strike awarded citations on IAF Day The bench, which also comprised Justices Deepak Gupta and Sanjiv Khanna, said the state government would have to specify through an affidavit whether the foreigners tribunals functioning in the state were adequate and how they were functioning. The top court, however, added that it was not insisting on the presence of Assam chief secretary in the court at present. The apex court was hearing a PIL filed by activist Harsh Mander through advocate Prashant Bhushan on the plight of foreigners in detention centres. The plea alleges that they were kept in detention indefinitely just because they were not Indians and were treated as “illegal aliens”. Also Read – SC declines Oil Min request to stay sharing of documents on Reliance penalty During the previous hearing, the court had expressed concern over thousands of illegal migrants being kept in detention centres for years in Assam without being repatriated or deported to their countries of origin. It had raised several issues connected with the detention centre and said the detainees could not be held for an indefinite period. The apex court had also sought to know the condition of detention centres, saying the PIL alleged sub-human conditions there. Mehta had said there was a need for evolving a mechanism for repatriating them and it should be done expeditiously. The solicitor general was responding to the January 28 queries of the apex court which had asked the Centre and the state to provide details of functional detention centres in Assam and the foreigners detained in them during the last 10 years. He had told the apex court that 938 people were lodged in six detention centres in Assam and 823 of them have been declared foreigners by tribunals. The Centre had said over 27,000 foreigners have been pushed back at border points while attempting to enter India illegally.last_img read more

Iran jails British Council staff 10 yrs for spying for England

first_imgTehran: An Iranian woman who worked for the British Council was sentenced to 10 years in prison for “spying”, the judiciary’s news website Mizan Online reported Monday, sparking concern in London. “An Iranian citizen in charge of the Iran desk at the… British Council was cooperating with English spying agencies,” Mizan reported, quoting judiciary spokesman Gholamhossein Esmaili. He did not identify the suspect, but said she had been sentenced recently after she “made a straightforward confession”. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince Salman ‘snubbed’ Pak PM Imran, recalled his private jet from US: ReportEsmaili added that the suspect, who had been tasked with drawing up and managing cultural “infiltration” projects, had been arrested by Iranian intelligence and security agencies “more than a year ago”. The United Kingdom’s foreign ministry voiced concern over the sentence. “We are very concerned by reports that an Iranian British Council employee has been sentenced to jail on charges of espionage,” a spokesperson for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office told AFP. Also Read – Iraq military admits ‘excessive force’ used in deadly protests”British Embassy officials in Tehran are in touch with the Iranian government to seek further information.” The British Council is a cultural and educational organisation with branches around the world, but according to its website it is not “physically preset” in Iran. Iranian authorities shut down the British Council more than a decade ago for what Esmaili described as “illegal activities”. Esmaili said that during her confession, the suspect described how she had been recruited, telling investigators about the instructions she had been given by “the English security agency”. The spokesman said that she was “an Iranian student who wanted to live and work in the UK”, was hired by the British Council and “repeatedly travelled to Iran under aliases… and made connections with artistic and theatre groups”. A London-based British Council employee was arrested in Iran in 2018 during a trip to visit relatives. It was not immediately clear if she was the person sentenced on Monday. The sentencing comes amid tensions between Iran and Britain over the fate of British-Iranian mother Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe who was arrested by Iranian authorities in 2016 as she was leaving Tehran. Zaghari-Ratcliffe, who worked for the Thomson Reuters Foundation, was put on trial and is now serving a five-year jail sentence for allegedly trying to topple the Iranian government.last_img read more

Foreign Policy Research Institute Hails Moroccos CounterTerrorism Role In Sahel

first_imgWashington – Morocco acted with vision and boldness regarding its counter-terrorism strategy in the Sahel, wrote on FridayUS think tank Foreign Policy Research Institute.“The Moroccan king saw a chance to partner with the new French leader and forge a regional alliance to defeat the Islamists in Mali and contain the contagion of radical Islam. This is a major reversal.Morocco emerged to lead an African-French coalition against Jihadists in Mali,” said the body in an article entitled “Morocco, Counter-Terrorism, and the US-Africa Summit.” “That requires a broad strategy, encompassing intelligence and military operations, economics and, most controversially, religion. The regional intelligence sharing partnership, the “Rabat Declaration,” is now underway,” said author Ahmed Charai.Morocco has also launched initiatives to boost trade and investment across the region.Morocco’s Attijariwafa Bank, which recently acquired a majority stake in Mali’s Banque Internationale, has innovative approach to emerging market banking, it said, noting that the Office Cherifien des Phosphates (OCP), the Moroccan phosphates company, increased mining operations in Mali.“These investments are creating economic growth, which should also minimize the appeal of radical Islam,” the article underlined.last_img read more